Adam J. Sedia | Attorney Biography
Adam J. Sedia
Fax (219) 738-2349
Adam J. Sedia concentrates his practice in all areas of civil litigation, with a special focus on appellate work. Mr. Sedia has litigated dozens of cases before the Indiana appellate courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. In addition, Mr. Sedia has jury trial experience and has represented individuals and businesses in a wide variety of cases in state and federal courts, as plaintiffs and as defendants.
Mr. Sedia has had scholarly articles on a variety of subjects from patents to insurance coverage published in various law journals. He also serves as the president of the Lake County Bar Association.
In addition to his professional endeavors, Mr. Sedia has published two volumes of poetry – The Spring’s Autumn and Inquietude – and has had his poems and short stories published in various literary journals. He also composes music, which may be heard on his YouTube channel.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2009
- Editor, Journal of Art, Technology & Intellectual Property Law
- B.S., B.A. with distinction, Indiana University, 2006
- Editor, Indiana Daily Student
- Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Indiana, 2009
- Illinois, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York, 2014
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association - President
- Calumet American Inns of Court
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- “Storming the Last Bastion: the Patent Reform Act of 2007 and Its Assault on the Superior First-to-Invent Rule.” DePaul Journal of Art, Technology & Intellectual Property Law 18 (2007): 79.
- “Is the Act of God Defense Still Viable in Indiana?” Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Verdict, Vol. 36 No. 3 (2015): 71.
- “Knowing Your Neighbor: A Primer on Indiana Tort-Related Law for Illinois Lawyers.” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Journal Vol. 17 No. 1 (2015): 48.
- “Coverage and Privity: The Contours of Bad Faith.” Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Verdict, Vol. 38 No. 11 (2017), 81.
- “UM/UIM Claims arising from Out-of-State Injuries: A Possible Limitation to Stanley v. Walker?” Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Verdict, Vol. 38 No. 12 (2017).